1. Thank you for your interest in the Get Nigerian Business Online campaign (“GNBO”). Google Inc and its affiliates (“Google”) have worked in collaboration with a number of partners (including MTN and Ecobank), and vendors (including Upperlink, Aptech and Descasio), to provide GNBO related tools and services posted at www.GNBO.com.ng (the “GNBO Site”). We hope you enjoy using them. These terms and conditions are a contract between you and Google and apply to your use of the GNBO Site. They do not apply to your use of any services offered by MTN, Ecobank and Upperlink or any other services provided by partners and vendors of Google.
2. These are the terms and conditions which govern your participation as a user of GNBO. You will be deemed to have accepted them if you use any of the services offered through the GNBO Site.
3. The key service offered through GNBO is the ability for you, if you are a business to:
a. set up a website for the use of your business;
b. associate that website with a website address, such a mybusiness.gnbo.com.ng or a custom domain name e.g, mybusiness.com (“domain name”);
c. if you opt in as part of the sign-up process, have that website automatically added to Google Places (as a business listing in Google Maps).
4. In each case, your use of services provided by Upperlink and other partners and vendors will be solely governed by the terms and conditions of use of such partners, and where set out below are only provided for ease of reference. Google is not responsible for providing these services to you, and you will need to check in each case that you are happy with the service and the terms and conditions of service of Upperlink and other partners before using those services.
6. Free website creation and hosting; domain names
a. To create a website through GNBO, you will need to click on “Create your website” and follow the sign up process.
c. You will will first get a free subdomain (e.g. mybusiness.gnbo.com.ng) and will then be given the option to pay for a custom domain provided by Upperlink (at a cost of N1500 per year).
d. Your agreement with Upperlink for the services they will provide is bound by their terms and conditions, including those which can be found here: Upperlink Registrar Terms and Conditions (http://upperlink.com.ng/terms.php).
e. You may also have the option to use services provided by Google. The use of those services will be governed by Google’s terms and conditions, including those which can be found here: https://adwords.google.com/select/tsandcsfinder?country=NG (AdWords) and http://www.google.com/webmasters/+1/button/ (Google +1).
f. You may also have the option to use services provided by other partners and vendors. The use of those services will be governed by the partner’s or vendor’s applicable terms and conditions
a. You agree not to:
i. Use the GNBO web site creation service or domain name registration service for any purpose other than to promote your business;
ii.Ask for more than one domain name through the GNBO Site;
iii.Knowingly permit anyone to ask for a second domain name to promote the same business;
iv.Use your website created through the GNBO initiative (“Web Page”) for any other purpose than to promote your business;
v.Sell your Web Page for money or money’s worth, except in the context of selling your business as a going concern.
vi.Use any services provided by Upperlink, Google or any other partner in breach of any of the terms and conditions for the use of those services. In particular, your website created through this service must comply with the Business Sitebuilder Program Policies at all times.
vii.The services and offers you receive through GNBO are not for resale and may not be sold or transferred unless the terms and conditions applicable to that service or offer expressly permit sale or transfer.
b. You understand that these terms and conditions may also apply to the services offered by Upperlink and other partners, where they are incorporated into their terms and conditions.
9. Data protection and privacy
a. Any data including personal data which:
ii. you enter into a website run by Upperlink (including http://www.upperlink.com.ng/gnbo/ will be held by Upperlink subject to Upperlink’s terms and conditions (available here: http://domains.upperlink.com.ng/page.php?pg_id=7).
b. Upperlink and Google may share this information with each other and trusted third parties involved in GNBO in order to provide the services offered under GNBO (including the site you create and the domain name you acquire).
c. Google, Upperlink and other trusted partners may, if you have given your consent in the sign up process, contact you to help you benefit from the service and provide information about other products and services that may be of interest to you.
d. When you request a domain name, Upperlink is obliged to provide registrant details to NIRA a body which administers .com.ng and some other Nigerian domains. NIRA will make those details available through a publicly accessible record called a “WHOIS” record, which you can find here: http://www.nira.org.ng.
e. If you select to submit your details to Google Maps, we may use the data you provide to create a Google Places page for your business. You can find out more about the Google Places service by going http://www.google.com/places/ and, where a listing is created (or has already been created) you can verify your listing and claim your Google Places page by following the process on that site.
10. Changes and third party services
a. Google, Upperlink and other partners of GNBO reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or delete portions of these terms at any time without further notice. If this happens, the new terms will be posted on the GNBO Site. Your continued use of the site you have created via GNBO, or the GNBO Site after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new terms.
b. Google, Upperlink and other partners/vendors of GNBO may change the GNBO Site and the services offered through it from time to time without liability to you. Google does not accept responsibility for or endorse any third party services offered through the GNBO Site.
11. Withdrawal of services.
a. If you use the GNBO Site or any of the services offered through the GNBO Site in contravention of these terms, or of any other terms referred to in these terms, or if you use them against the spirit of the GNBO campaign, the services you are being provided may be withdrawn from you.
b. Google, Upperlink and partners may end or suspend GNBO or the GNBO Site at any time at their sole discretion without any liability to you. This will not affect the existence of your site.
12. Governing law
This agreement is governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and you agree that the Nigerian courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute (contractual or non-contractual) concerning these terms except that either party may apply to any court for an injunction or other relief to protect its intellectual property rights.